Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Overwhelmed.

The title tells exactly how I am feeling right now. I don't know what it is but lately I have felt so much pressure. Between school, work, dating and deciding what to do next with my life. I literally feel stuck. If it wasn't for the speaker from Religion in Life and our Fireside Sunday
I probably would have lost my sanity by now.
-------
Connie Gunnell was the speaker from Religion in Life on Friday. She told a story
about how she had been married to her husband for about a year when he
passed away in a car accident. She talked about how she has struggled
but has found  happiness through serving people. This lady is amazing!
She went on a mission, and has been to Africa three times, and plans
to go again this coming summer. She ended her talk by saying:
 
"If you are feeling lost or confused, serve someone."
 
Holy cow did I need to hear that.
-----
Over these last few months my friend and I have been thinking about doing a humanitarian
trip to Zimbabwe, Africa. I know it is something that I wanted to do, but wasn't
100% set on it. Until she said that statement above.
Though it didn't exactly tell me what I should do next semester or with the rest
of my life, it did confirm to me that I need to forget about my worries and find
someone to serve. Whether it's in Africa or somewhere local I know it's what
I need to do.
 
I know is that I need to take the theme I taught for ten weeks into my own life.
"Trust In Him"
When I do that I know everything will work out. He knows my life better than I do,
and I know he will bring me to happiness.

1 comment: