Monday, September 24, 2012

Half birthday weekend

First off, we are so blessed to have so many temples here on this earth. It's an amazing feeling to know we have the privilege to go to the temple to help us feel the love our Savior has for us! It was amazing to be able to attend the temple dedication on Sunday. Each of those speakers were truly inspired. I attended the 2nd session and one of my favorite lines came from President Packer when he said that he has traveled over two and a half million miles, and the first thing that has always been on his mind was serving and following Jesus Christ. I loved that I think we can each apply it to our lives. If we put Him first we will truly be blessed!


All summer long all of the USU oakies talked about getting together to have dinner at the domestic married couple's abode. Lucky for me my half birthday happened to fall on the day we decided to have this little dinner party. Maddie J and Cait were kind enough to get me a present, which included:
-half a deck of cards
-Half of a T-shirt
-Half of a book
-and a kitten book
They also sang me half of the birthday song. (Both the original version & the Oakcrest version). It was wonderful! After dinner we had a unit prayer together. It was so nice to be with these girls and feel a spirit similar to the one we had at Oakcrest. I love each and everyone of you! Thank you for a wonderful weekend everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY. i FIRST READ HALF A CAT...NOT GOOD. THEN I REREAD IT. YOU ARE AN AMAZING GIRL.

    ReplyDelete