Friday, August 30, 2013

The men in my life

So I was reading this article this morning about Robin Thicke. He was on the stage with Miley Cyrus during that super classy performance and he sings the song Blurred Lines. Anyways, the article is similar to the one a mother wrote to her daughter about Miley Cyrus except this one is addressed to his son. Throughout the article it talks about how messed up the world's perception is when it comes to a boy's view about a girl. It makes me sad that some girls settle for what they think is a "good life" when in reality they are just being treated like dirt.

I just wanted to post about the men in my life. I am so very lucky to have a wonderful father who is so caring towards his daughters. He knows how to treat a woman right, and will go out of his way to make sure my sister and I know how we should be treated.
My brother is amazing. He is so protective towards me and my sister. He genuinely cares for us, and I know he will be an amazing missionary, father and husband some day.  I love you both so much!
I am also so lucky to have a two wonderful grandfather's and uncles on both sides who have showed me what the definition of a true man is. They are incredible examples to me!

I guess the whole point of this post is, to remember to be grateful for the incredible influences in your life. I love my family so much! 



No comments:

Post a Comment