Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Family: A Proclamation to the World

Read: The Family: A Proclamation to the World HERE

Sometimes the world is a scary place, and this post is just my own opinion and I hope that it won't be taken the wrong way.

As I have seen many profile pictures on facebook changed today in support for gay marriage equality I couldn't help but think about everything I have learned in my Preparing for a Celestial Marriage class.

Towards the beginning of this semester we were talking about how the world is changing, and how same sex marriage is something that is constantly being pushed for. My teacher stated something that has stuck with me since.
                  "As a church we do not discriminate, we just defend marriage between a man and a women. We can stand in what we do believe in love and kindess."
 
I also love this quote by President Uchtdorf:
“Absolute truth is not dependent upon public opinion or popularity. Polls cannot sway it. Not even the inexhaustible authority of celebrity endorsement can change it.”
-President Uchtdorf
 
I know not many people read my blog, but I hope you remember that as the world's standards are changing, the principles and doctrines from Christ NEVER will. He made the perfect plan for man and women to be married and sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. With the wonderful blessing of being able to have children, to teach them the ways of our Father in Heaven.  I am so grateful for the family I have and the example they have set for me.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment